Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can't Get No Satisf-'action'...

Man... So its been roughly a week since my last post, and I think I need to catch my blog (and its 3 followers :-) up to what's been going on. A little while after popping my cherry I moved from Elarel to Egghelende/Amamake, going on the advice of a fellow pirate who said it was better stomping ground for newbie outlaws. After I got out there I got a few quick kills, but things quickly dried up.

When I first arrived I was impressed with the sheer number of people moving through the systems, with what seemed like plenty of frigate-class vessels for me to hone my new craft on. I was ecstatic, and as I said, I racked up a few quick kills; however since then I seem to be outclassed. For the past week and a half it seems like everyone I see roaming around that area is either in an assault ship, heavy assault ship (HAS from now on), or battlecruiser (BC). The few that I have found wandering around in non-faction, non-tech 2 frigate class ships have been quickly gobbled up by those that are in AS/HAS/BCs. As a result I've come to believe that, foregoing my short lived success when I first arrived in system, I'm in the totally wrong area.

So... I'm packing up my bags and heading for the less traveled roads, basically back to where I started. Oh, I plan to return to Egghelende, but when I'm in a more suitable vessel... Not that I don't have a BS or BC to fly around, and not that I couldn't afford to loose them... I can. I'm just not comfortable with the idea... yet.

So I'm moving back to no-man's land, and I'll be roaming around low sec, and high, looking for some action, until I find somewhere to settle.

2 comments:

Arrhidaeus said...

Amamake isn't an appropriate place for any ship, barring a very fast frigate that is constantly slamming on the dscan for any recons that could potential ruin their fun. Waiting to come back in a bigger ship will only result in failure, in my humble opinion.

Soloable content is in the area between Amamake and Old Man Star, as well as around the Black Rise region in general. Generally, just jump into an MWD fit ship that either goes fast, or has enough webs to insure it's opponents are staying out of scram range, and hope you can kite a few people away from their gang. It's kind of a shame, but your best targets these days aren't by themselves anymore, but people you can gank away from their fleets.

BadKarma1980 said...

Thanks for the advice... Its been hard to get good advice on where to go. Most the of forum topics on it are outdated and recommend areas that are no longer good for soloing...