Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pop goes the Fat Man....

So a few days ago I finally got my Tristan fitted out in what I thought was good for ganking and headed out to low sec to get my johnson wet in my first act of piracy. I chose a .4 system that was close by my homebase and jumped on through.

When I got into the system I did some quick intel gathering in local. It seemed I had chosen wisely, as there were 2 other pilots. The first was an outlaw with a sec status of about -5.5 and the second seemed to be a noob. I quickly warped to the first belt on the list, thinking that I would then warp to the last belt in that planet/moon system and drop a bookmark halfway there for my safespot.

When I arrived at the first belt I was surprised to find a couple of serpentis rats hanging out there (don't ask me why that surprised me). Then, for reasons that even freudian psycologic theories cannot explain, I thought it would be a good idea to test out my new ship, and loadout, on said rats.

I engaged them, and was feeling pretty proud as I quickly dispatched them both. That pride was soon squashed as I noticed a flashy red thingy on my overview. It seemed that the outlaw had found me and figured I would be easy pickings. Boy did I show him... that he was right! The battle lasted all of about 20 seconds before my Fat Man succumbed to the consistent blows of his 125mm autocannons, and I hadn't even made a respectable dent in his shield.

I did however learn a few things from the battle. First: considering that I forgot my plan within 5 seconds of being in the system, that I apparently have ADD, and Second: It turns out I was right about one thing, my ship fitting was good for ganking... Getting ganked!

It seemed that the outlaw who popped me didn't even think I was worth the effort of ransoming... cause he just left afterwards and I went slinking back to my homebase, with a severely deflated ego.

For your amusment I've written a Haiku that sums all this up in 17 short syllables...

Ship fitted, hopes high
In to low sec, do or die
Dream ends, fly pod fly

2 comments:

Beowolf Schaefer said...

Nice haiku man. Better luck next time.

BadKarma1980 said...

Thanks man =), I've refitted now, so hopefully the Fat Man can due his duty and keep me alive!