Thursday, April 1, 2010

Introductions

I always thought it would fun to roam the various low sec star systems as a pirate in New Eden, but until recently I never had the gumption to follow through with the idea. Something inside me has changed recently that I now find myself not only turning to that life of crime, but starting a blog about it as well!

My introduction to New Eden began approximately 8 months ago, when I found that my interest in Eve had been mysteriously rekindled after a sabatical from MMORPGs that had lasted for almost 4 years.

I created a Minmitar character under a trial account to fool around with, and (after about a month) decided that I liked Gallente better and created a new character of that race instead. Since then I have spent several months mining, ratting, and mission running like a good carebear... all the while having this nagging feeling that there was something worth doing in New Eden that was far more exciting, and more fun! I knew at that time that that "something" was piracy, but as I said before I just never had the balls to fit a ship for pvp, go barreling into low sec, and turn my guns on some stranger whom I neither knew, nor had any previous quarrel with.

Well now I've quite miraculously, and recently, grown a pair of great big hairy balls between my legs; and as testosterone crashes into my bloodstream in quantities far larger than my body has ever previously known, I begin my journey anew in Eve, as a fledgling pirate almost certainly destined to be popped time and time again.

This post, and those that are to follow, will be the chronicles of my rise to infamy. Or quite possibly the ramblings and grumblings of my numerous failures, depending on how my new life of crime goes. Either way I expect that it will be some chimeric mixture of both. Also, let me take the time to welcome all potential new blog followers, I'm sure that I'll end up following many of your blogs as well, and I look forward to all the potential comraderies and exchanges that I'm hoping we'll share.

BadKarma1980

No comments: